Every year CIMI (Centre International de Mathématiques et d’Informatique) in Toulouse provides a number of fellowships for students enrolled in a Master course in Mathematics or Computer Science in one of the programs associated with CIMI.
4 fellowships for students starting on the first year of a Master’s degree M1 and 10 fellowships for those starting on the second year of a Master’s degree M2 will be available.
The level of funding will be competitive and sufficient to cover tuition fees and part of living expenses in Toulouse :
- 600€ per month over 10 months for applicants starting in the first year M1
- 1 000€ per month over 10 months for applicants starting in the second year M2
Eligibility criteria :
Those fellowships are open, on a competitive basis, to French and foreign students and awarded on the basis of the quality of the academic records.
First year (M1) applicants: Applicants must have obtained a degree corresponding to the European Bachelor's degree.
Second year (M2) applicants : Applicants must have successfully completed the first year of a European Master's degree, or an American Bachelor's degree, or any equivalent level.
The CIMI LabEx applies an equal opportunity policy in selection.
IMPORTANT : Students applying for a Master course combining work and training ("formation en alternance") are not eligible for CIMI fellowships.
Application process :
All applications must be submitted online by Friday 3rd of February 2017 (22H00 Paris time).
REQUESTED DOCUMENTS :
1. Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
2. Details of the grades obtained at University from the 1st year to present
3. Details of the courses attended in the year 2015-2016
4. Two recommendation letters (one from the head of the current year syllabus) : do not forget to mention the e-mail addresses of the professors wishing to send recommendation letters. They will receive an automatic e-mail to upload their letter.
5. Applicant’s motivation letter: applicants for a M2 fellowship MUST clearly state in their letter the M2 programme (M2R, IMAT,...) they are applying for.
6. Information about current level of French language skills: only applies to foreign students from non French speaking countries applying for a M1 fellowship. All M1 courses will be taught in French.
The applicant is responsible for making sure his/her application file is complete by the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be examined.
Selection process :
SYLLABUS INFORMATION :
Important: The M2 programme in Maths and in Computer includes an internship during the second semester. For students selected for a CIMI fellowship, the internship will have to take place either at the Institut de Mathématiques or at the Institut de Recherche en Informatique.
- Syllabus M1 Maths Fondamentales
- Syllabus M1 pro IMAT Maths
- Syllabus Master Statistique et Informatique Décisionnelle (SID) M1/M2
- Syllabus M2 Research (M2R) Maths
- Syllabus M2 pro IMAT Maths
- Syllabus Master in Computer Science