Thematic Semester Decision Making
Researches around Decision Making fall within two domains.
- For the first domain, works aim at formalizing the Decision Making reasoning process and its complexity. Two aspects must be taken into account : for the first case preference modelling of one single decision maker and for the second case communications and interactions among several decision makers. For the first case, studies on decision makers preferences modelling under uncertainty or not, mutlicriteria or monocriteria, taking into account uncompleted and / or qualitative information are conducted. For the second case models and systems allowing several decision makers to vote, or make a decision together, are developed.
- For the second domain, technical aspects are developed aiming at simulating or supporting a group engaged in decision process (GDSS, Social Networks).
The main objective of this thematic semester is not only to built a bridge between these two domains but also to allow researchers in Mathematics and in Computer Science to work together.
For this purpose, three main events are organised.
- Journée Rencontre Recherche - Industrie Mardi 21 Mars 2017
Cette journée a pour objectif de réunir des indutriels venant exposer leurs problèmatiques autour de la prise de décision ainsi que des chercheurs en Aide à la Décision venant exposer leurs travaux.
- Workshop Decision Making : April 24th to April 26th 2017
This workshop allows several researchers to present their works. The preliminary program is the following.
- Pluridisciplinary Introduction : « Decision Making Comparative Look »
- Four thematic sessions : Tools for Group Decision Making, Multicriteria Decision Making under uncertainty, Computational Social Choice, Argued Decision.
- Toulouse e-Democracy Summer School (TeSS), June 27th to July 4th 2017 in collaboration with GDR Policy Analytics 3720
The aim of this summer school is to create a young multidisciplinary group of researchers on e-Democracy topic and to help students to obtain feedbacks, advises, directions, comments, references that concern their own research by international renowned specialists of the domain.